Friday, January 22, 2010
Paleoanthropology Meets Primatology
Posted by Guy Edwards
According to recent anthropological findings in eastern Africa, our ancestors had feet like our own today, verified by a 1.5 million-year-old set of footprints discovered in a sandy plain within two sedimentary rock layers.
According to John Harris, an anthropologist with the Koobi Fora Field School of Rutgers University, ” This discovery is the earliest proof of upright walking. Now we have the solid evidence for modern foot anatomy. In a sense it’s like putting flesh on the bones.”
Harris and his colleagues, have identified the footprints to possibly belonging to a member of Homo erectus, with familiarities to our own feet showing rounded heel, arch and the positioning of the big toe being parrallel to the other toes.
At a speaking engagement Dr. Jack Harris, professor of anthropology, Rutgers University will be highlighting insights into Bipedalism, Tools and Foraging in the Early Stages of Human Evolution.
He is one of the world’s foremost Paleoanthropologists studying the earliest stages of human origins. In particular, he studies the time interval 2.5 million to 1.5 million that sees the earliest evidence for stone tool manufacture and use, the incorporation of meat into the diet, the emergence of the genus Homo and the ranging patterns of our earliest ancestors to Eurasia.
John Harris will be speaking at The Rutgers Institute for Advanced Materials, Devices and Nanotechnology on May 3, 2010 - 3:30pm
Rutgers University outline of John Harris's Talk
Koobi Fora Field School of Rutgers University
Our Review of the PBS Documentary "Becoming Human"
- ► 2014 (74)
- ► 2013 (160)
- ► 2012 (349)
- ► 2011 (175)
- The Cutest Sasquatch Website Ever
- Maybe, Thom Pace Tribute
- The Chronicle Respects Squatching and the BFRO
- Bigfoot Cards in Time for Valentine's Day
- WA History Museum's Sasquatch Exhibit Pictures and...
- Bigfoot Web Search Index: BLC Labs' Toys for Geeks...
- Profiling Hoaxers: The Psychology of Fame
- Gimlin AND Meldrum to speak at Tacoma Museum June ...
- 2010 Games: Squamish Sasquatch "Legend" Kiosk
- Bigfoot: Champion of the Environment
- Bill Munns; Creature Creator and Bigfoot Analyst
- Bigfoot Bumperstickers, Mugs and Onesies
- Gimlin is Scheduled to Speak at Washington State H...
- Loren Coleman: Orang Pendek May be Documented in F...
- Dont Forget NatGeo's Bigfoot
- Paleoanthropology Meets Primatology
- Lively Bigfoot Conversation at The HistoryChannel....
- Tiger Woods Elusiveness Compared to Bigfoot
- Ask Bigfoot Elsie: Eye Shine
- Sneak Peak for Washington State History Museum Sas...
- Washington State Historical Society's Bigfoot Exhi...
- G'Day Yowie!
- BigfootHub.com Just Gets Better and Better
- New NatGeo Bigfoot Show With Dr. Jeff Meldrum
- New Zealand Herald: Less Bigfoot, More Big Money
- Seattle's Henry Art Gallery Has Ceramic Bigfoot Sk...
- San Diego Weekly Paper Covers Bigfoot
- Sylvanic Bigfoot Case Closed
- Who is David Rodriguez
- Sisimique of Nicaragua Added to AKA Bigfoot World ...
- Cryptomundo Responds to Being "Down"
- Cryptomundo Down?
- Jeff Meldrum Explains Lack of Bigfoot Bones
- When Cavemen Wear Make-up Bigfoot Seem Smarter
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Talk Bigfoot
- Kayadi Added to AKA Bigfoot World Map
- Is The Great North Figure a Bigfoot? No.
- Stephen Colbert Asked to Join Search for Bigfoot
- Bigfoot Prankster Claims Violation of Free Speech
- Smithsonian's Formal Reply Letter to Bigfoot Inqui...
- Is the Word "Bigfoot" Losing its Definition?
- For Your Consideration, Sylvanic Bigfoot Part 3
- Google Archives Weekly World News and Bigfoot Bene...
- Maine Tree Creature
- German Blog: Sylvanic Bigfoot Fake!
- Olympic Torch to be Passed in Front of Bigfoot
- ▼ January 2010 (46)
- ► 2009 (144)
- ► 2008 (91)