In Alexandria, Egypt, was probably the largest, and certainly the most famous, of the libraries of the ancient world. It flourished under the patronage of the Ptolemaic dynasty (305 BC to 30 BC), and functioned as a major center of scholarship.
Some have compared the modern day equivalent of Alexandria to the internet, but more specifically we have Google Books and they are archiving some of the greatest works of mankind. They are also archiving some the greatest supermarket weeklies of mankind. Including Weekly World News(WWN).
The WWN was launched in 1979 by publisher Generoso Pope as a means to continue using the black and white press that the higher-profile tabloid, The National Enquirer, no longer needed after it switched to color. WWN's highest circulation peaked at 1.2 million per issue. As the publication switched many hands it literally shrank into a mere insert in its competitors weekly, The Sun.
In October 2008, Bat Boy L.L.C., a company started by Neil McGinness, bought WWN. They have revamped the website and is considering printing it again as a standalone publication.
So how do we feel about WWN? Don't they make fun of Bigfoot? Don't they sensationalize Bigfoot falsities? Don't they raise Bigfoot awareness in popular culture? Yes, yes, and yes. It is for the third reason we are thankful for WWN.
While we believe in the seriousness of Bigfoot and protecting them as a species, we believe there is room for a light-hearted approach to the pop-culture phenomenon. We assume once we have generated interest, any intelligent person becomes enticed with the fountain of evidence. Besides who takes the Weekly World News Seriously?
Below you can enjoy Weekly World News covers with Bigfoot. You can visit Google Books complete archive of Weekly World News here.
- ► 2013 (160)
- ► 2012 (349)
- ► 2011 (175)
- The Cutest Sasquatch Website Ever
- Maybe, Thom Pace Tribute
- The Chronicle Respects Squatching and the BFRO
- Bigfoot Cards in Time for Valentine's Day
- WA History Museum's Sasquatch Exhibit Pictures and...
- Bigfoot Web Search Index: BLC Labs' Toys for Geeks...
- Profiling Hoaxers: The Psychology of Fame
- Gimlin AND Meldrum to speak at Tacoma Museum June ...
- 2010 Games: Squamish Sasquatch "Legend" Kiosk
- Bigfoot: Champion of the Environment
- Bill Munns; Creature Creator and Bigfoot Analyst
- Bigfoot Bumperstickers, Mugs and Onesies
- Gimlin is Scheduled to Speak at Washington State H...
- Loren Coleman: Orang Pendek May be Documented in F...
- Dont Forget NatGeo's Bigfoot
- Paleoanthropology Meets Primatology
- Lively Bigfoot Conversation at The HistoryChannel....
- Tiger Woods Elusiveness Compared to Bigfoot
- Ask Bigfoot Elsie: Eye Shine
- Sneak Peak for Washington State History Museum Sas...
- Washington State Historical Society's Bigfoot Exhi...
- G'Day Yowie!
- BigfootHub.com Just Gets Better and Better
- New NatGeo Bigfoot Show With Dr. Jeff Meldrum
- New Zealand Herald: Less Bigfoot, More Big Money
- Seattle's Henry Art Gallery Has Ceramic Bigfoot Sk...
- San Diego Weekly Paper Covers Bigfoot
- Sylvanic Bigfoot Case Closed
- Who is David Rodriguez
- Sisimique of Nicaragua Added to AKA Bigfoot World ...
- Cryptomundo Responds to Being "Down"
- Cryptomundo Down?
- Jeff Meldrum Explains Lack of Bigfoot Bones
- When Cavemen Wear Make-up Bigfoot Seem Smarter
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Talk Bigfoot
- Kayadi Added to AKA Bigfoot World Map
- Is The Great North Figure a Bigfoot? No.
- Stephen Colbert Asked to Join Search for Bigfoot
- Bigfoot Prankster Claims Violation of Free Speech
- Smithsonian's Formal Reply Letter to Bigfoot Inqui...
- Is the Word "Bigfoot" Losing its Definition?
- For Your Consideration, Sylvanic Bigfoot Part 3
- Google Archives Weekly World News and Bigfoot Bene...
- Maine Tree Creature
- German Blog: Sylvanic Bigfoot Fake!
- Olympic Torch to be Passed in Front of Bigfoot
- ▼ January 2010 (46)
- ► 2009 (144)
- ► 2008 (91)