Monday, December 28, 2009
Skamania County Bigfoot Ordinances
Posted by Guy Edwards
ORDINANCE NO. 1984-2
PARTIALLY REPEALING AND AMENDING ORDINANCE NO. 1969-01
WHEREAS, evidence continues to accumulate indicating the Possible existence within Skamania County a nocturnal primate mammal Variously described as an ape-like creature or sub-species of Homo Sapiens; and
WHEREAS, legend, purported recent findings, and spoor support This possibility; and
WHEREAS, this creature is generally and commonly known as “Sasquatch”, “Yeti”, “Bigfoot”, or “Giant Hairy Ape”, all of which terms may be hereinafter be used interchangeably; and
WHEREAS, publicity attendant upon such real or imagined findings And other evidence have resulted in an influx of scientific investigators as well as casual hunters, most of which are armed with lethal weapons; and
WHEREAS, the absence of specific national and state laws restricting the taking of specimens has created a dangerous state of affairs within this county in regard to firearms and other deadly devices used to hunt the Yeti and poses a clear and present danger to the safty of the well-being persons living or traveling within the boundries of this county as well as to the Giant Hairy Apes themselves; and
WHEREAS, previous County Ordinance No. 1969-01 deemed the slaying of such creature to be a felony (punishable by 5 years in prison) and may have exceeded the jurisdictional authority of that Board of County Commissioners; now, therefore
BE IT HEREBY ORDAINED BY THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF SKAMANIA COUNTY that a portion of Ordinance No. 1969-1, deeming the slaying of Bigfoot to be a felony punishable by 5 years in prison, is hereby repealed and in its stead the following sections are enacted:
SECTION 1. Sasquatch Refuge. The Sasquatch, Yeti, Bigfoot, or Giant Hairy Ape are declared to be endangered species of Skamania County and there is hereby created a Sasquatch Refuge, the boundaries of which shall be co-extensive with the boundaries of Skamania County.
SECTION 2. Crime-Penalty. From and after the passage of this ordinance the premeditated, willful, or wanton slaying of Sasquatch shall be unlawful and shall be punishable as follows:
(a) If the actor is found to be guilty of such a crime with malice aforethought, such act shall be deemed a Gross Misdemeanor.
(b) If the act is found to be premeditated and willful or wanton but without malice aforethought, such act shall be deemed a Misdemeanor.
(c) A gross misdemeanor slaying of Sasquatch shall be punishable by 1 year in the county jail and a $1,000.00 fine, or both.
(d) The slaying of Sasquatch which is deemed a misdemeanor shall be punishable by a $500.00 fine and up to 6 months in the county jail, or both.
SECTION 3. Defense. In the prosecution and trail of any accused Sasquatch killer the fact that the actor is suffering from insane delusions, diminished capacity, or that the act was the product of a diseased mind, shall not be a defense.
SECTION 4. Humaniod/Anthropoid. Should the Skamania County Coroner determine any victim/creature to have been humanoid the Prosecuting Attorney shall persue the case under existing laws pertaining to homicide. Should the coroner determine the victim to be an anthropoid (ape-like creature) the Prosecuting Attorney shall proceed under the terms of this ordinance.
BE IT FUTHER ORDAINED that the situation existing constitutes an emergency and such this ordinance shall become effective immediately upon its’ passage.
REVIEWED this 2nd day of April, 1984, and set for a public hearing on the 16th day of April, 1984, at 10:30 o’clock A.M.
Note: Became law on April 16th 1984.
at 5:22 PM
- ► 2013 (92)
- ► 2012 (349)
- ► 2011 (175)
- ► 2010 (251)
- A Decade of BLC Bigfoot Banners
- TOP 5 VISITED POST of 2009
- Sylvanic Bigfoot Project: Populated Bigfoot habita...
- 2009 BLC Blog Pics in Review
- Promoters of $1M Hunt 4 Bigfoot Contest Weigh-In
- Skamania County Bigfoot Ordinances
- Bryce Holland Bigfoot Documentarian
- $1M Contest to Capture Bigfoot Legit?
- Stan Courtney is Making a List and Checking it Twi...
- Yes Virginia, there is a Bigfoot
- 2009 Pulitzer Prize Winner Writes Bigfoot
- Ask Fairdale Bigfoot
- 2009's Top Scientific Breakthrough; a bridge to Bi...
- St Nick + Yeti = Santa
- The Town That Bigfoot Built
- Bigfoot Author, Blu Buhs, Blogs for Washington Pos...
- History of the Blobsquatch; Bigfoot's Blurry Cousi...
- Jeff Meldrum talks Bigfoot on Today Show
- Arriving late to the Minnesota Bigfoot Party
- Bigfoot Lunch Club Sponsors Oregon Sasquatch Sympo...
- Porcupines can help find Bigfoot
- 911 audio and full transcript of San Antonio Bigfo...
- San Antonio Bigfoot update: a week later
- Things I Learned From “Becoming Human,” part 3
- Things I Learned From “Becoming Human,” part 2
- Things I Learned From “Becoming Human,” part 1
- San Antonio Sasquatch and Body Shop Bigfoot are no...
- Tracks Found near San Antonio Bigfoot Site
- San Antonio Police respond to Bigfoot call.
- ▼ December 2009 (29)
- ► 2008 (91)