Blobsquatch is a term Bigfooters use to declare an alleged Bigfoot photo too blurry to determine anything. Yes, we Bigfooters can be skeptical, and often are.
The Blobsquatch has sometimes done more harm than good to Bigfoot research. Many "outsiders" may not know that we scrutinize photos carefully. Every picture is peer reviewed at conferences, forums and symposiums.
So here's a light hearted effort to show we know the differences between a Blobsquatch and a Bigfoot. So I will not be talking about Bigfoot today. Today, we will expose the not-so-real history of the Blobsquatch.
I can only imagine how well the first depictions of sasquatch went over with the rest of the early humans. Its hard enough to render buffalo on a cave wall, but an upright bipedal hominid that is hairier than you?
Pareidolia is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random image being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing Jesus Christ in a tortilla or Mother Teresa Muffin. Some would say people see these things because they are disparate to see these things. I would love to see Bigfoot, but I doubt I will ever see him due to Pareidolia.
Here's a more "scientific" take; the subconscious. Freudian fill-in-the-blanks. The Rorschach inkblot test is a psychological test in which subjects' perceptions of inkblots are recorded and then analyzed using psychological interpretation. This could be a source for Blobsquatch.
Finally, below are some great tips to photograph your own Blobsquatch. Believe it or not there can be a real technique to it, and many common aspects to all Blobsquatch photos.
All kidding aside, we know the best evidence of Bigfoot would be to capture one (preferably alive, but that's a debate for another post). Although we would love to have a clean clear photo of Bigfoot, we consider other forms of evidence more significant. These other forms of evidence include, tracks, casts, scat, personal encounters, and even indegenous oral myths. We rely on all of these things, and more, to one day discover and find that elusive beast we know as Bigfoot.
- ► 2013 (91)
- ► 2012 (349)
- ► 2011 (175)
- ► 2010 (251)
- A Decade of BLC Bigfoot Banners
- TOP 5 VISITED POST of 2009
- Sylvanic Bigfoot Project: Populated Bigfoot habita...
- 2009 BLC Blog Pics in Review
- Promoters of $1M Hunt 4 Bigfoot Contest Weigh-In
- Skamania County Bigfoot Ordinances
- Bryce Holland Bigfoot Documentarian
- $1M Contest to Capture Bigfoot Legit?
- Stan Courtney is Making a List and Checking it Twi...
- Yes Virginia, there is a Bigfoot
- 2009 Pulitzer Prize Winner Writes Bigfoot
- Ask Fairdale Bigfoot
- 2009's Top Scientific Breakthrough; a bridge to Bi...
- St Nick + Yeti = Santa
- The Town That Bigfoot Built
- Bigfoot Author, Blu Buhs, Blogs for Washington Pos...
- History of the Blobsquatch; Bigfoot's Blurry Cousi...
- Jeff Meldrum talks Bigfoot on Today Show
- Arriving late to the Minnesota Bigfoot Party
- Bigfoot Lunch Club Sponsors Oregon Sasquatch Sympo...
- Porcupines can help find Bigfoot
- 911 audio and full transcript of San Antonio Bigfo...
- San Antonio Bigfoot update: a week later
- Things I Learned From “Becoming Human,” part 3
- Things I Learned From “Becoming Human,” part 2
- Things I Learned From “Becoming Human,” part 1
- San Antonio Sasquatch and Body Shop Bigfoot are no...
- Tracks Found near San Antonio Bigfoot Site
- San Antonio Police respond to Bigfoot call.
- ▼ December 2009 (29)
- ► 2008 (91)