Tuesday, October 27, 2009
TOP 10 TUES: Why Bigfoot is Bunk
Posted by Guy Edwards
Photo of Benjamin Radford
Discovery.com has a slideshow provided by Benjamin Radford, managing editor of Skeptical Inquirer magazine. The slideshow is the top 10 reasons Bigfoot is bogus.
Below I have paraphrased the top ten reasons below. You can see the the slideshow here and read in detail each of top ten reasons Benjamin Radford believes Bigfoot is bogus.
1.) The Empty Fossil Record.
2.) Forget Fossils, Where Are the Bodies?
3.) The breeding population would be tens of thousands.
4.) Most “evidence” are circumstantial eyewitness reports.
5.) Most photos are ambiguous, and even more recognizable ones can be faked.
6.) There no rigorous, documented, peer-reviewed evidence for Bigfoot.
7.) Bird researchers, rigorous observers and exhaustive note takers, have never spotted Bigfoot.
8.) Since the Panda 100 years ago, most new species discovered are microorganisms and insects.
9.) Virtually all the evidence either comes down to being inconclusive or a hoax.
10.) Without a body there is no standard to compare evidence to.
While the Bigfoot Lunch Club would not go as far as saying Bigfoot is bogus, we agree these are all valid challenges we Bigfooters face. It is important that we recognize and embrace these challenges. As steel sharpens steel, we appreciate opposition.
Thank you Mr. Radford for keeping us on our toes, while we try to keep on the heels of Bigfoot.
- ► 2014 (93)
- ► 2013 (160)
- ► 2012 (349)
- ► 2011 (175)
- ► 2010 (251)
- Global Warming = Bigfoot Migrates North
- Bigfoot and the Indiana Banana
- Jane Goodall: (Bigfoot) I'm sure that they exist.
- TOP 10 TUES: Why Bigfoot is Bunk
- Doin' IT with Neanderthals
- Abominible Snowman (Yeti) on MonsterQuest
- The Monkey Man of New Delhi: India's Bigfoot
- Hibagon: Japanese Bigfoot
- Oct 20th: A Special Day for Bigfooters
- 99% Human 1% Unknown primate
- More Than One in Three Americans Would Like to See...
- Loren Coleman makes USA Today News
- Werewolves and Bigfoot
- Dont Miss Discovering Ardi
- Aridi did descend from apes
- Walking Sam added to AKA Bigfoot World map
- Discovering Ardi
- Bigfoot a Trend?
- UPDATE: Orang Pendek
- Bigfoot Goes Savage
- Move Over, Lucy; Ardi May Be Oldest Human Ancestor...
- A Planet where Ape Evolved from Man?
- Hobbit Still Stirring Things Up
- ▼ October 2009 (23)
- ► 2008 (91)